The green chemistry industry is always changing, which can sometimes make it difficult to understand the latest developments. In an effort to help customers like you get the information needed to make an informed decision, we have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions.
- What is Oil Safe AR®?
- Oil Safe AR® is a patented, completely synthetic (man-made) product that has similar solubilizing properties of Hydrochloric Acid without the extremely high rated of corrosion and reactivity. Oil Safe AR® is a hybrid solution that mimics how a high strength mineral acid and a low strength organic acid would react. It can be referred to as a Synthetic Acid.
- How does it work?
- Oil Safe AR® is basically a super-concentrated solution of Hydrogen (H⁺). It has a stronger bond to the H⁺ ion than what a HCl molecule does and therefore creates a more controlled reaction rate. Not allowing the H⁺ ion to easily react in the presence of Carbonates (CaCO₃) or Iron (Fe)is what generates the slower spend and extremely low corrosion properties.
- What precautions (if any) should be taken when pumping the product?
- Oil Safe AR® is a very low pH chemical that is designed to clean metal surfaces, dissolve carbonate and will react with certain soft metals such as Aluminum and Magnesium. Caution should be taken to ensure that when loading, unloading or pumping that only acid approved hose, pumps and piping are utilized.
- What should the Oil Safe AR® be stored in?
- Oil Safe AR® can be stored in approved plastic/fiberglass containers, lined acid tanks, lined steel tanks or steel tanks for short term.
- What additives are needed with Oil Safe AR®?
- In most cases none. Corrosion inhibitors as well as surfactant and iron sequestration agents are built into the base formula of Oil Safe AR®.
- How does Oil Safe AR® spend?
- Oil safe AR® linear spending rate meaning it is very controlled and can be pushed deep into the formation before losing its ability to be effective, also minimizing damage and debris at the well-bore.
Have an additional inquiry? Call (877) 797-2811 or send an email.